Saturday 15 January 2022

Somebody throw shamu back in the ocean

I am a whale. I must be.


I'm a size 16, I'm 13 and a half stone and even my own boyfriend thinks I'm my own planet.


Not that he treats me badly or tells me to lose weight or stop eating or any such thing. But every now and then what I call his "real" opinions and views come out, accidentally.


Like the day he told me he had defended me because his dad, whom had never met me, had been shocked he was dating me because I was "a pretty big girl". Said as if he were doing me a favour being here with me.


Or today when I went to fix something in our house and he said "I wouldn't stand on that. I don't even think it'd hold my weight". As if he weighed less than me, obviously. And then went dumbstruck, repeating "really??" At me when I reminded him I weighed less than him. 


I mean, we have weighed ourselves together regularly over the past year so I'm not sure why it's suddenly a shock I'm less. Maybe the sight of me is just so repulsive it made logic and memory leave his brain and he just simply ... forgot?

No comments:

Post a Comment